Jimh and luke bet me to it. good jobs guys. you that vote dem. can sit around while they take away more and more of are rights to the out doors and allow the forest to burn to the ground "naturaly" if you want but I would would rather vote for some one who wants to manage the out doors for all the citizens then for some one bakced by the likes of peta and the seirra club and trout only with a guide for lots of money unlimited.
bush has seen the damage done by not managing the forest and just letting it burn and part of that failed policy was the closing of roads by clinton. He is allowing companys to do the work (thinning)for no cost to the tax payer while providing greatly needed jobs to small towns across the west.
thank god gore loss. yes he loss. other wise the u.n. would be running are national parks just like other countries( vietnam and cambodia to name a few).
hopfully the federal goverment will step in to correct the lack of a plan to control the cougar population in californa before some one else gets killed and the state runs out of deer.( another attack last week). ... I will take a hunter and fisherman over a tree hugger who cant make up his mind on anything any day.