Originally Posted By: Pugnacious
Last years seson sucked big time. Tough? That is a gross understatement. That is what I mean by a drainage closure. It does no good to allow folks to net the mouth of a river. Plus, the type of fishing that takes place there by a lot people is anything but ethical. It is way easier to just close the whole thing so there is no confusion.

if your refering to the dunggy, it was a tough season not a total loss, the hachery still got there fish weather just didn't play into the best conditons for fishing and alot of the old holes had changed or disapeard. and as on any small river with decent size fish on it there are alot of unethical things done on them. doesn't mean they don't or wont bite. i dunno how many seasons you have fished it, but as for methis season i only did a few times. and as far as nets at the mouth thats ganna take some big changes over time. and i am not sure what rivers mouth isn't netted here. i mean there targeting chum now......thats bad. i'm for the c&r but shutting a whole river down i do not think is the answer.