Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
So what is it with dogs and socks? I got so tired of retrieving my socks from Tye I screamed at him, beat him, shook him and put the socks away. Within minutes, I look up and see...

Boris was big into socks for his first few weeks and not much since. However, I took a nap yesterday and when I woke up, a pile of dirty clothes had been redistributed around my room (although nothing was chewed on). I think they have days where their frustration gets the best of them and revert back to their younger days.

Dave, IF you catch him in the act, one form of punishment that has always worked well for me is to pin the dog down sideways on the ground. Keep one hand on the side of his butt and one hand around his front shoulders or neck. He'll try to pop-up because he won't like it. DO NOT let him up until he is completely submissive. Usually, I give him some angry-sounding words tellling him not to do that again and holding up whatever he grabbed and telling him it isn't for dogs. Usually, at that point, if I put the item in front of him (the sock in this case) he'll bow his head and turn away from it.

-AP