Originally Posted By: Achewter
There is no such thing as a good deal on a lab.

That's funny, Art, I was thinking the same thing earlier today. rofl

The crazy thing is that, with the exception of his 2 hour rampage at my co-worker's house, he has been really good. My girlfriend and I were actually shocked to hear the story. I'd been leaving him unattended at my house for 1/2 my work day at 5 months with no issues other than one day when he took 3 placemats and and already broken float rod off my dining room table and chewed them up. I have to think it was a combo a completely new environment, puppyhood, and separation anxiety. He really does like having people around.

I also got some comments that he doesn't "play well" with dogs which I found strange because he's hung out with TONS of dogs, both on and off leash without any issues. The roughest I've seen him play was with Seastrike's dog, Chase. And besides being a little overzealous considering it was inside, they were fine. I'm thinking he's hit that point where he doesn't understand how big and stong he's become.

The people that had all the problems with him have a very positive outlook on life and didn't seem to hold it against me or the dog (which is probably more than I'd be able to say about myself) so, overall, things are fine. This whole thing will blow over but I'd be damn leary about ever asking them to dogsit again. I've already contemplated tying him to their front door, ringing the doorbell, and then running away just to see their reaction. rofl

Naturally, since I've had him back, he's been absolutely perfect...