I have only been married 3 1/2 years, but I will add the following:

1. If you are going to go fishing, just tell her that you are going fishing. Whatever you do, DO NOT ASK HER IF YOU CAN GO FISHING!

2. If she objects to you going fishing (remember, you didn't ask, you just told her that you are going) without an honest to God important reason, then just go. No one likes a push over.

2. Do not talk about fishing or your fishing trips when you are spending time with her. That is your time together, and she will want you to be focused having fun with her, not on fishing. An exception to this would be if she, for example, inquires about your most recent fishing trip. In this case, she actually wants to talk about fishing.

4. Know when to go and when to not go fishing. As I am a sure that you have already guessed, this means important holidays and events. Sometimes its best to just attend some of those events even though you would rather not. Especially if your attendance at such an event really means something to her.

5. If you would rather do what you want, when you want, and where you want, then stay single. All you need is just a handful of women who are comfortable with their non-commital relationship with you.

Edited by SkykomishSunrise (10/30/11 06:43 PM)

Bill McMillan