Got nothing bad to say about a Remmy 700. Been shooting 160's out of it.

Took Stick's advice and gave the Remmy 700 my grandfather used to hunt with a modern make over.

I swapped out the million-pound wooden factory stock with a McMillan composite. I wasn't brave enough to hit the stock with some paint to add that "personal touch". The stock alone probably shaved off 5 pounds....

I dumped the whatever 1-piece scope mounts for some Talley LW's, and replaced the POS 4x Tasco scope with a new Loopy FX III 6x42 with the addition of an M1 turret for elevation and some Butler Creek covers.

Slap on your dial-a-turret chart with some 3M 'lectric blue tape to the stock, a piece over the barrel and it's set to kill!

I might not have *any* of my own ideas/thoughts/concepts when it comes to hunting, but at least I'm smart enough to listen to those who do.

Only drawback to the gun is that if it kicked like stubborn mule before losing the pounds, it really packs a nice punch now. A little difficult to stay on target after the first shot. Not a rifle I'm gonna learn my kids on. wink

As always, my posts has gottsa have a peekture! laugh

Here's the made over Remmy 700. Sorry, no before photo.