Originally Posted By: parker
Yeah, I'd also be curious to know. I have an original A-Bort that was purchased in the late 80's, or very early 90's.

At what point did they (or were they always) become junk?

Sorry about the delay. Been on here but didn't look back at this. My Crap in my post was ment as OH CRAP...Not as in they are crap..But in my opinion they kinda are. Parker yours should be a good one.

In the new a bolts. The trigger mec, and bolt parts rust up fast. For the really anal in gun care..like me. One should probably be ok. I have seen a bunch of guys that are really good hands at all kinds of fixing stuff that are afraid to take their guns apart.
I have a smith buddy that sais the new rems and wins have really gone down hill. I had to send my last rem back due to a rought chamber. They put a new barrel on it, and had it back to me in two weeks. If I buy one it will be used. I really want a new kimber rifle bad. My gumsmith buddy just squirms when I bring it up..lol. I suppose its like everything else. Price goes up. Quality goes down.

I dont know about you guys, but now that bird hunting is closed, and the rivers are up. I'm going to Omak to try my hand at bobcats. Going to mix it up with some yote hunting. Going to throw the snow shoes in.