To consistantly kill game animals past the 400 yard marker you need to put a lot of rounds down range in many different conditions. And then you need to practice actual field type situations on top of that. Some people can stretch that limit, and some can't. I am with driftin' on this. The game animal is not just there for target practice.

I shoot a stainless ruger, with a 3-10X44 scope. I have it sighted in for 3" high at 100yards. And that takes a lot of the guess work out of things for me. I have shot 2 elk at just under 400 yards (395, 390). I keep 400 at my personal hunting limit. Everything else has been between 80-300 yards. With the sight in I have it takes a lot of the guess work out. And i don't have to aim above the animal to hit the vitals. Which in my opinion is a good thing.

I would like to get a scope like Parker has and work on setting up to take longer shots and dial in the ranges and all that. But from my experience in hunting in Western washington like I do. I have never had the time to do all of that stuff.

Parker has the right attitude toward this, jsut because he has a gun that can shoot however far he wants, doesn't mean he will take that type of shot. Get to practicing and enjoy that rifle. Oh I am not a big fan of muzzle brakes but to each his own there. I found that my 7 kicked like crazy also. But the more I shot it the more it didn't bother me. I have heard about puting some sort of a mercury thing in the butt end of the stock that helps reduce recoil, but doesn't increase the muzzel blast. That needs to be installed by a gunsmith also.

Good luck
Buck