Why do I keep coming back to this thread ?

Redhook, you seem like a decent guy, but it would be easier to stay in a discussion with you if you would seek knowledge rather than try to invent it.

Originally Posted By: redhook
im not sure honestly... as action has nothing to do with it when the round is locked in the pipe... action also doesnt do anything when the bullet is flying down range...

When the round is "locked in the pipe", the action IS the lock. When the round is fired the action is subjected to quite a bit of stress, the recoil lug and to a lesser degree (in a rifle with proper bedding) the action screws, transmit energy to the stock, which then transmits the energy to the shooter. Think of all of these as spokes in a wheel, or links in a chain, all potential places for variations to enter the equasion. The is an article from years ago about the Remington M700 that is good reading for guys interested in accurate rifles, I'm not sure of the author off the top of my head, but Gale McMillan was part of it, I am sure if you google Gale McMillan Remington 700 you could locate it.