i missed 1 shot, ONE, and i didnt wound it.... and honestly, i never plan on taking a shot like that again unless its on paper... because i could have wounded it, and thats not what you are supposed to do...

i also, never moved from my position in the ditch, i stayed right there, on the bipod, eye on the glass... second shot was lights out... all other coyotes from ranges of 100 feet to 600 yards were all taken with one shot, no misses... the majority of them were in the 2-400 yard range, i was also using a caliber that was pretty much over kill for an animal of that size, so even a shot just forward of where i really wanted it, would have killed it instantly anyways... but not completely blew it apart...

you get NO PERFORMANCE aspects when blowing a deers knee off... did you penetrate the full 2 inches to attain complete blow through? thats some serious penetration.... 2 whole inches...

fvckin up ONCE and making a mistake is one thing, continuing to do it is another... if you arent sure, dont take the shot... what happens if you miss and hit a rock in the woods and it smacks another hunter on the other side of the bowl?

i wasnt even being a dick either, j7s issue is he talked about it kinda braggish... like it was funny or something... its not funny... not cool, not amusing, none of that... i gave some advice, and he slobbered all over it and tried to justify blowing a deers leg off... i dont agree with that, so as O man said, dont brag about it on internet fishing/hunting boards... because there are bound to be people that dont agree with it...

again, j7, you are more than welcome to accompany me to the range, the guys there are very knowledgable about bullets and terminal performance... you might learn a thing or 10 from them, i know i have... you can come too SM...