Yeah, like I'm the only guy that's ever happened to. I'm not gona sugar coat it, lie, or only tell you about the good times. The knee job deer died faster than the perfect shot deer and it didn't ruin an ounce of meat (slam dunk). You dont know anything about the distance or scenario so please dont assume. The point was that a better bullet had a better outcome and quicker death implying better terminal performance.

The first shot on the 3-shot deer was a great shot in the shoulder it just didn't kill him. Second was at about 15 yards when he jumped up and took off. I tried to get him down before he went in some real thick brush and bramble. Off-hand instinctive shot and that's where I ruined some of the meat. Third shot was point blank to end it. So now its not as bad as you think. The point was that it was a very shittty bullet selection for the job at hand. The bullet came apart well before it could do its job on the first shot implying bad terminal performance.

Now, RH, I will gladly read your story about the deer you shot, that didn't bleed, or suffer, and how strawberry shortcake and the frickin care bears packed it out for ya.

j7 2012