began yesterday at ALUMAWELD central.

Like most worthy projects, this one will be built from the ground up.

Box girders, a second cross member, and the transom plate were added today....

5/13/13...
Per Moravec's request..... she's got sides!

5/16/13...
And today they added the coaming gunwale...

And the extended foredeck with fishbox and beaucoup storage...

Future home for the quiver of spare rods...

And the electronics hub....

5/20/13...
Okey dokey, here's a few more...

With the hull structurally complete, attention has turned to the functional and utilitarian details within. No shortage of storage in this beast... and that's not even counting all the underseat storage for each passenger's personal items.

Each side will be outfitted with full length tri-level shelves.... level one being fully enclosed top-loading rod lockers, and levels two and three expansive open trays for easy access of everyday goods and gear. No excuses for stepping on precious baits, boys! A cavernous fish box will house insulated kill bag(s) to keep the day's catch fresh on ice. An adjacent deep compartment will store larger bulky items.

Generous self draining guttered cutouts for the rod-locker door on the port side gunwale...

matches the one on the starboard side...

And finally.... a close up of the secure main electronics cabinet taking shape next to the tri-level shelving.

Boggles the mind that this much aluminum is actually gonna float!

5/23/13...
OK... more pics rolling in from the factory. The AW boys have been on a relentless tear... the first sheet of aluminum was cut on May 8, and only 15 days later, it looks something like this....

The full coaming gunnel is wide enough to serve dinner from. Top-loading rod lockers are done.... 11 ft doors cover 13 ft lockers. I see my 45 gallon fuel tank installed under a lattice of crossbeams for my DP floor. Custom transom cabinets are coming together, including a centrally located hot water sink.... AKA the "kitchen" as my past crew will attest. Note the inside railing which will be the backbone of the fully adjustable slider-mounted custom accessories I plan to install along the entire length and back of the boat. No drill holes allowed! I just realized all the potential hanging space this creates for towels, spare lures/leaders taken out of rotation, or whatever else.

Now ain't that SOME dance floor?

And another shot of the massive sealed storage space under the 5.5 ft long elevated step-deck. Room for the days catch, a bank of batteries, accessory washdown, and stowage of miscellaneous bulky items. All living under the equivalent of a full-sized bed for mid-day siestas. Nice closeup of the rail system, too.

5/28/13...
Alumaweld Central rolled the beast outta the cave today, and WOW!

Guide transom/shelf/sink is complete. Latches are installed on the rod-lockers.

That diamond plate trim is sure SHINY!

Here you get a better idea on the full length of the rod lockers. I've been told these are the longest ones ever built for an AW sled. Got twin drain holes for my transom shelf ( last boat only had one on the port side) and twin exit ports for dual automatic bilge pumps for when I eventually take that unanticipated megawave over the bow.

And finally a full frontal view.... well not quite.... gotta cover up that extra 3 feet for modesty, ya know.

Ain't that DP bowguard pretty? Now if i can just figure out how to hook that funny looking Ornamental trailer up to my truck. Maybe the Subaru?

5/30/13
Outside paint applied today.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!