A few weeks back while chomping at the bit about this whole boat building/rigging adventure during my lunch hour, I was reminded of an Ancient Chinese Secret...

My patience was eventually rewarded and the new barge was FINALLY baptized in Lake WA today.

CanyonMan and I set about the grind of breaking in the new Yamaha V-Max SHO

First hour was at low RPMs (< 1/3 throttle) basically NO WAKE speeds.

We took turns at the tiller, and while CM was driving, I was busy testing out the new sun deck.

The second hour allowed us to put her on plane. She hops out of the hole at about 11-12 knots and maintains a steady plane at low RPM's.

At about 1/3 throttle, she comfortably rides at a cool 16-17 knots.... cruising speed for most private craft.

At that cruising speed, there is ZERO torque on the tiller. The boat literally drives itself....

After the second hour, it was time to open her up a bit. This is what she does at 2/3 throttle.... and we thought it best that someone actually hang on to that tiller!

We'd take her up, then take her back down.... and every 15-20 minutes, we'd let her RIP! Little tough holding the camera steady when cruising at essentially highway speed..... over water! Or as Robbo puts it.... DACH 5.

Truly a momentous day on this journey... having the confidence that the motor performs as expected, and that the tiller isn't gonna rip my arm out of its socket.... or unexpectedly launch my puny Ornamental ass overboard.

Thanks for selflessly dedicating your day to spend on the water with me, CM! Woulda been awfully boring without you.... and there would have been no pic-post to share with the family.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!