Next up is my new bow-mount auto pilot. Made the decision to abandon the popular TR-1 auto-pilot system in favor of something new (to me). My Yamaha 9.9 gas kicker will still provide 95% plus of the forward thrust, but the RipTide ST will function as a directional bow-thruster to automatically fine tune my course. If salmon opportunities continue to decline, the RipTide will provide additional future versatility when I'm forced to switch to bass and walleye.

3RM built me a custom interchangeable platform to quickly and easily switch between anchor(s) and electric trolling motor mounts.

Here's the CR anchor mount:

And here's the mount for the RipTide:

Gotta tip my hat to a handful of expert "Reach Rats" on Ifish running these bowmounts in the windy upper Columbia (Hanford Reach) who have worked out a lot of the bugs in rigging batteries and extending battery life. And a big thanks to Ifisher Playtime who has adapted the system to his estuary trolling program. To maximize energy efficiency, They've discovered that a beefed up aftermarket rudder makes a HUGE difference. I had 3RM fabricate a custom MEGA rudder for the RipTide's lower unit, and it looks like this...

Here's what she looks like deployed with maximum reach…

And finally a short video clip of the first "dry run"

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!