Originally Posted By: 2MANY

I'm surprised that they have the tank all the way back.
I guess the extra length upfront off sets the four stroke weight in the back?

Guess I'm gonna have to go on a diet. wink

Seriously, not a boat engineer, so I'm not sure why the tank is placed so far back. That's where it lived on my last boat as well.

Couple ways to compensate for it.

1) I'm buying the lightest 4-stroke made... 505# compared to 525# for my old 2 stroke E-Tec.

2) Less 42 pounds for the jack plate that won't be there any longer

3) Less the weight of 2 batteries in the stern, which will be further offset by the weight of most likely 3 batteries (about 60# apiece) stowed in the forward-most compartment.

4) Further offset by the weight of an est 65# bow-mounted Minn Kota RipTide electric trolling motor.

I think that adds up to about 407# (20 + 42 + 100 + 180 + 65) of effective weight transfer to the front of the boat.

As you said, I also have the extra 3 ft of aluminum sticking out the front, plus the added weight of a longer stepdeck and the DP bowguard.

And finally, there's the ultimate weapon in weight distribution.....

Six fully-adjustable sliding water-tight seat-boxes that can be positioned ANYWHERE along the length on the main deck. Unlike my old fixed seat-boxes that were anchored to the floor, I should be able to transfer my passenger load fore/aft with ease.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!