Before reading any further, all please note that this is my personal opinion; it does not necessarily represent a WT position.

But one thing I think is not being considered is something called "angler efficiency." For most anadromous species, under most conditions, flyfishers hook fewer fish than anglers using other gear types (in the aggregate), never mind what the relative hooking mortalities are or what people do with the hooked fish once they're landed. The point being that a rule allowing only flyfishing could be used as a legitimate management tool to reduce fishing-related impacts, while still allowing some angling opportunity. I'm not advocating it; just making a point that privacy for us elitists isn't the only possible motive for such a regulation.

And I'm not exactly sure what's so "discriminatory" about it anyway. The analogy about blondies doesn't work, because the regulation would be unlikely to apply to only those of us who already own flyrods. To be perfectly frank, I think there may be a few of you I would rather not have to fish with, but a flyfishing-only reg wouldn't necessarily guarantee me that luxury, as the reg doesn't stop you from going out and buying yourself a flyrod. Likewise, nothing in the regs stops me from going out and buying some new tackle so that I would have an actual opportunity to go out to Possession and bother you guys with my snotty purist presence, never mind how much you may dislike my ilk.