Quote:
Originally posted by DJFISHS2XS:
but stuff that starts just like this....the fly rod stuff is just to give you something to think about what If I submit a bill to not let you fly fish for steelhead (with the above reasons) and it somehow makes it bye mr Von G
DJ: I sincerely appreciate your evenhanded and analysis and the fact that you can argue without insults and name calling unlike some on this board.

I do not think that there is much chance of a proliferation of fly-fishing only waters in this state. When I look at the list above I see few if any recent additions. This like so many of our threads relate to the fact that we have all lost so many opportunities in the last couple of decades that it's understandable why anyone would cringe at any further lost opportunity. I think that overall we all share the goal of more opportunity and more fish. While I freely admit that there are plenty of non-fly fishers who work hard for the resource, guys like Grandpa, there are also many fly-fishing organizations that also work hard for more opportunity. Too bad we have such a hard time cooperating on things like getting rid of gillnets, clear cuts, pollution, draining of swamplands etc. etc. etc.