Quote:
Originally posted by DJFISHS2XS:
FJ

I agree that they release fish but I also think soft fly rods and the drag of the heavy fly line along with the slow fight due to a small leader test also kill more fish due to exhaustion...DJ
You would be hard pressed to find an angler out there with soft fly rods and small leaders catching steelhead. It takes just as long to land a steelhead on a flyrod as it does a run of the mill drift rod.

There are also many anglers who fish terminal tackle with too light of rods and too light of leaders that play steelhead to death.

Whether you are a flyfishermean or a gear fisherman, it is your responsibility to use the apporiate gear for the situation. And each user group can very easily show up to the river 'under gunned.'

And as I said in an earlier thread, you will not find me advocating for new fly-only waters for steelhead as I think Selective Fisheries serve the same purpose. And I will be honest, I have no problem with Selective Fisheries and I believe that the WDFW needs to utilize Selective Fishery regulations more often to help protect our juvenille steelhead, salmon and resident trout. Selective Fisheries do NOT exclude a single user group!

DJ-
Your arguement may seem a little more valid to the rest of us, if you provided basis for your constant use of the word 'snob' and your name calling towards Pete V.G.

Remember, this is NOT an issue of fly vs. gear. It never has been, it never will be.