Quote:

deciding on how other people fish or release fish is snobish dont ya think....DJ [/QB]
DJ: Not at all. Your argument could just as well be made by snaggers, gillnetters, dynamiters and any one else whose "rights" are restricted by the rules. That's what sport fishing rules do.

I have actually met a few snobbish fly fishers, maybe even a slightly higher percentage of them than gear guys. But gear guys can be snobs too. I know one who thinks downriggers are the same as commercial fishing and will not set foot on a boat that has a down rigger. I know one who thinks side drifting is for imbeciles and those who have absolutely no talent as steelheaders. But, I, like so may fly flingers do both, enjoy both, and do not believe one manner of fishing is somehow more holy than another. Yet the fly guys have a hard time enjoying their sport when crowded in with gear guys and I think they should be able to enjoy the fruits of the better fishing that results from their generally strong C&R ethic. Note that the vast majority of all selective gear waters do allow spinners, spoons, flatfish, as long as they have a single barbless hook. But I seldom see any gear guys on the Yakima or other selective gear waters. I wonder why? Don't want to rub elbows with the snobs or only want to fish with bait?