You know, I think everyone needs to take their partisan hats off and think about what needs to be done here. I was truly impressed on Friday by Senetor Lieberman, who had the courage to say during the hearing on prison fiasco, "After 9-11, the terrorists didn't appologize for the deaths that they caused." While we need to follow due process and get after those who willfully violated military standards during the "interrigations," as John McCain has said many times, "we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard" than the terrorists to maintain what America stands for, we must not lose sight that we are at war with the terrorists.

Now, the discussion is rapidly turning to whether we need a draft because of what a huge drain this war in Iraq is on our resources. I forget the General's name, who publically said that we needed more troups from the outset of the Iraq war and was relieved of command by Wolfowitz and company, but the point is we are where we are and we need a long term strategy as to the best way to handle the Iraq War and the terrorists. If we had done better planning for the after Sadam phase that we are in, quite possibly events like what happened in the prison could have been prevented.

My personal belief is that had we not invaded Iraq and used a more selective approach with Special Forces and the like, that we would be making faster progress than what is currently happening. But since we can't go back and undo this, we now have an escallating war in Iraq and even more invigotrated terrorist network to deal with.