if we would have had better enforcement 8 or 9 years ago when that river started getting crowded(along with others) maybe the scene wouldn't be the same. it's a cultural thing, you see it everywhere. it happens on just about every river now("they're hatchery fish, i'm entitled to a limit by whatever means!"), you see people teaching their kids that it's alright to lie, cheat and steal through life, and few have any respect for the natural world any more.

what goes on at the skokomish happens at every halfway-known western washington river for salmon, and worse yet, it's even spreading to steelhead in the last few years.

i'm sorry that i'm not one of the elite that is only satisfied after covering 30 miles of water to catch a fish, but i've been fishing these rivers longer than the hillbilly, realtree-wearing, country cow$hit music blaring snaggers, and i'm not letting them get to me(or at least pretending not to). whatever happened to fishing being a fun, harmless hobby that one could do in their spare time?

the day that i get twisted up so bad that i only fish rivers that don't run within 20 miles of a road, that only contain native fish, releasing everything i catch and never using bait, i'll sell all my gear and take up golf.