Originally Posted By: ColeyG
It's only a problem if you get caught SG. And I prefer the term "renegade style" to outlaw.

I was hoping a few others might share their latest inspiration, project, or wild hair. I get bored easily and am always looking for something fun to copy.

Anyone have a good General Practitioner recipe + example? Also interested in Lady Caroline but have yet to research either.

Here is a SBS done by Marty Howard of his version of Tom Larimer's Sandy River Prawn. I tie my own version as well. Have fun tweaking it to your liking.

Tom Larimer had the recipe and pictures on his site, but has since taken it down. The recipe Marty has listed is Tom's original recipe from his site. The main difference I remember was Tom's Ostrich tail/feelers were longer than Marty's, extending out past the end marabou tips some and used UV Polar Chenille not UV Cactus Chenille .

Somethings I'll add/change:

Tail/Feelers: Bucktail (sparse, slightly longer and before the sparse Ostrich)

30-40lb. melted mono. black Sharpie eyes (extend back 1/3 of tail/feeler length after the Ostrich)

Under Body: UV Cactus Chenille, UV Polar Chenille (uv polar chenille sparse, palmered, with spaced turns over the uv cactus chenille)

Wing/Shell Back: Bucktail (sparse, slightly longer and before the sparse Ostrich)

UV Spray: CS Coatings UV Blast (light sparse spray)

Note: The added bucktail really helps balance the fly.

An excellent prawn pattern using a lot of movement materials, making it a great swimmer.

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=34294

GG

Edited by Gray Ghost (02/19/13 05:32 PM)