In all seriousness, fly fishing the big island or maui for a bonefish is doable but you are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage by using a fly rod. For the fly guys, Molokai is the PLACE. Oahu also has some popular "flats." I know you are all used to not catching fish but if your trip is winding down, you are sick of casting in the heavy wind, you haven't caught a bonefish and you just want to catch one....string up an octopus leg or strip of squid, wing it out there on a few ounces of lead fished so that the bait lays on the bottom and you are in business. You can keep fly fishing while the bait soaks and if there are boners around, you will catch one. Maybe a big one.

I know it's not fly fishing, but if you want to feel like you still tied the fly (bait) that you are fishing with in order to have a complete experience.... Grab some snorkel gear, a sharp stick and go pull yourself an octopus out of the reef. Kill it and cut the lower half or 2/3 of it's legs off. Eat the rest. An experience in itself.

Here's a good one from a month or two ago.

Anybody coming to Maui that wants to catch a pacific bonefish in Hawaii, feel free to PM me and I will show you my spot.

p.s. I will not charge you $600 dollars or $.06. Unless you are Salmo G, since I know he's a bit of a sucker, I will take him to a shore break for an expensive casting session laugh