We wanted to let you know about some of the things that we are currently working on.

First, we’ve sent another letter, with follow-up emails requesting a meeting with the Chairmen of the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission. We’ve not heard back yet, but will be following up with some calls next week. We believe the time for dialogue is at hand. We are hoping Chairmen Lorraine Loomis feels the same.

We’ve been in contact with Rep. Liz Pikes office, and have been told that she will put us on her schedule the last week of June. Please, take the time to send her an email expressing your support for ending these destructive meetings.

Senator Pearson’s office has let us know that the fight for a better, more responsive WDFW continues. He is committed to improving the agency and is still working for an independent consultant group to identify and fix management and organizational issues!

We are gearing up for the “Public Input Hearings. I will be attending the one in Olympia for sure, and will try and make the others. We need a strong show of support at these charades. If you can possibly attend, please do, and speak up about what an insult it is to ask for our input to rules that were made in meetings we were barred from! If you can't make, be sure and send in a comment letting them know that we are not fooled, we demand they open the WDFW/Tribal NOF meetings.

Requests have been sent to the Bureau of Indian Affairs regarding the “Government to Government” label that the State is using to obstruct public oversight in the secret meetings.

We reached out to the Governors office, requesting an audience to speak on your behalf about the overwhelming distrust we feel for the WDFW senior leadership and it’s role in fighting against us to have these meetings opened.

On a personal note, I’ve contacted my district State representatives asking for a meeting, to brief them on how damaging these meetings are, and to ask for their support in ending them.

Also, we now have an email account that you can use to send us comments and suggestions, and that we can use to communicate with you directly.

Our email address is: OpenNOF@Gmail.com

Of course, we will continue to send out updates to keep everyone informed of any and all developments. We encourage you to continue to get others involved and to reach out to your representatives, the Commissioners, WDFW Senior staff, and others.

We are not going away!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)