Originally Posted By: bob r
Originally Posted By: ReefSkunk
Originally Posted By: bob r
Originally Posted By: gooybob
Caught my first steelhead under the 101 bridge on the Bogy when I was 9 years old. That was 56 years ago this month. This post only reinforces my decision to quit fishing for steelhead and salmon in the rivers. Number 1 killer of the fish runs, Indians, number 2, too many sport fisherman, number 3, loss of habitat, number 4, pollution, number 5, dirt bag poachers including Indians, locals, foreigners, etc. and it goes on and on. We're selling the boat this Spring and sadly done. We are being sucked dry by fees, let down by greedy Indians and idiot politicians. It's hard to imagine not fishing for those fish anymore after so long but it's just not worth it. You pay out the nose for a license and you get sh!t for it. I haven't kept a steelhead since 1990 trying to do my part. I've released every fish including hatchery fish. They say you should keep hatchery fish yet they turn right around and close rivers because they aren't getting enough back to the hatcheries. ? I'm done. Too much confusion and ignorance.

This guy continually bitches about the state and tribal people's bad habits on line but go to a state meeting and complain in person? Too much effort, I suppose. He complains about "paying through the nose" for licenses, but the reality is that for the prices today and what we pay to eat at a really good meal is more then a combo license. LOTS of fishing out there besides the big money fish that still gives you lots of enjoyment and food. As for as money weren't you the guy who said he was an "investment banker in Tacoma? I'd think there was enough money in that racket for you to shell out a miserable $80 bucks or so. Bob R

You’re a bunch of crusty old grumpy bastards.

I may be a crusty old grumpy guy, but I know who MY father is. And we need more crusty old grumpy people at these meeting to call the state out on their b.s. Bitching on line just don't cut it! And we need crusty, grumpy young people as well! Bob R

Are you trying to make enemies out of people who should/could be your allies? Because that's a really stupid way to go about drumming up support for the cause.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames