Originally Posted By: Carcassman
Exactly! Years ago there was a situation where a Tribe could get more than half of the coho but less than half of the chum. For a while, both sides went through the process of filing foregone opportunity claims, killing a lot of trees in the process. After a couple rounds of this, they just agreed that one side was better at catching one species than the other. As long as the two fisheries did not interfere and escapement was met they just let it go.

So, while I know there are good reasons for at least some of the decisions, unless the license-buying public knows they shouldn't just blindly trust WDFW.

Carcasman, I've followed many of your posts, and I just want to say, You seem to have a pretty good handle on things. We all have our bias and opinions, but one thing I think we can all agree on. Secrets breed suspicion. Suspicion leads to dis-trust, and dis-trust has gotten to where we are today. There is NO PLACE for secrets in the management of a public resource. There is no excuse good enough to justify keeping things out of the light of day.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)