The best way to get an answer is to ask a question! Here is a copy of an email I just sent to Senator McCoy.

Senator McCoy,

As the author of SB 5511, I am hoping you can expand on the intent of the bill, and perhaps how you see it helping in protecting our open government laws.

In addition, we are wondering how you envision your bill, if passed into law, impacting the current situation in our fisheries, wherein the question of open government and greater transparency has been brought to the forefront by recent developments within the Department of Fish and Wildlife.

Although I am not personally a constituent of your district, we have well over five thousand stakeholders who support greater transparency and open meetings in our fisher management, many of whom are your constituents.

Since the matter is of importance to all citizen sportsmen in this state, we hope you will take a moment to address the bill and perhaps expand on your position on open meetings in the conservation of our salmon.

Thank you for your attention to this request, we are looking forward to your response.

With respect,

Citizen Sportsmen
Open WDFW/Tribal North of Falcon

Secrecy, once accepted, becomes an addiction.
Edward Teller

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)