Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
I personally believe the Fish and Wildlife Commission should be dissolved. If it worked as allegedly intended and gave sporties a real voice, I would certainly feel differently. As it is, the Commission delegates all final decisions to the Director of WDFW. That effectively neuters us. We'd be better off without the proxy in place, because we could take our gripes straight to the Director's office instead of wasting our time chasing squirrels.

Public forums were once a legitimate means for citizens to actively influence important government decisions. In today's political era, where the politicians do whatever their contributors tell them to do (we don't contribute to campaigns like the other stakeholders, which pretty much entirely explains why we get $hit on all the time), citizen involvement is little more than an annoying formality.

I find that position more than a little disingenuous given the general perception that politicians in this State are owned by monied special interest groups.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)