That's some really good intel Driftin'. Thank you for spending the time to write out your advice. I figured you'd have some good stuff to share based on your past experiences with these critters.

Adjustable heat lamp check. Good brooding box check (big galvanized feeding trough). They are in my protected garage right now and the temp seems to be staying pretty consistent.

They are on medicated chick feed now and seem to be doing well. How long do I need to feed them medicated scratch before feeding non-medicated? The young gal that the chicken shop said I could switch after they've ate the first 40 pound bag, but she was like 17 years old and possibly full of chit. Is that true?

Also, once they get old enough, what do you like to feed em' as supplemental treats and how often? Dried meal worms, live crickets or ???

I doubt I'll free range em' as the neighbors dogs are not nice, but their protected run will be about 12' x 16'. That should be plenty of space for 9 or so birds right? Well...soon to be 8 birds. The little retarded one isn't going to make the cut.

Speaking of which....what's the fastest, most pleasant way to dispatch a struggling chick? I could wring its neck or lop off its head, but I want it to be quick and painless for both the chick and me. I hate killin' little tiny baby animals. Adults no problem, but I have a hard time with babies.