Originally Posted By: Driftin'
Is the little one drinking? If not, grab it up with index fingertip behind head and gently dip its beak into the water. They should have it figured out in a couple days. Try yogurt or kefir with LIVE cultures to get their gut flora going for all of them, not just your slow starter. Your medicated starter will likely kill the good bugs too....

Have never fed medicated starter. Hatchery chicks are always shot up for Merek's so you're good. Get a bag of Scratch & Peck or Modesto Mills starter. Call around to source or go to their websites to find distributors. Are you prone to trusting 17 yo girls?

Give the slow starter some more time to see if it can pull in together with good support. They sleep alot the first few days and can run off their yolk bank account during that time....

Yep - it eats and drinks pretty good. I'll try the yogurt trick. I think its neurological or something because it does seem to do the basics normally, but it just sits there and wobbles. It doesn't interact with the others at all. Its a fraction of the size of the other growing birds now. I've had them for almost a week and the other ones have doubled in size, but this one hasn't grown at all. I'm trying to be patient with it, but I don't want it to hurt the others or suffer needlessly. So far the others seem to leave it alone for the most part and I hope they don't start pecking at it. It is a sad little thing. I'm rooting for it. I'll try some more things and give a couple of days longer.