Dang WesH, for a dude that didn't do any reseach, you posted alot of research! Great info, I'm copy/pasting for future reference.

G-Man, great point. I am a very staunch believer in the US Constitution and I've worked within the law enforcement comunity. I saw and heard lots of stuff that goes beyond the scope of the law, all because the copper felt it would make his job (tossing crooks in jail) easier, making the streets safer for old ladies and little children, bla, bla, bla...

Problem is that more coppers/wardens/etc...forget that law enforcement isn't black and white and it's about more than criminal law. The laws of this country were never intended to be enforced by the letter. Rather it is supposed to be enforced to the spirit of the law. This is some thing that has stuck with me since my first class on criminal law.

It is up to us, the citizen, to make sure that our rights, whether US Constitutional, State Constitutional/etc... are not stepped on.

Anytime I have to deal with lawmen, I always cooperate and stay friendly. But I also question them anytime I feel they wish to overstep their authority. I don't recomend this to everyone but being a former copper myself, I have a hard time staying quiet when I know I'm being dumped on.

Just another guy's .02 cents worth. cool