Littlezozo - reread my post. I said that it was a basic violation of boundaries. This means that I do not just let people search my things. I also stated that I would be upset and expect an explanation - not lie down and whimper. I also stated that I would do what an armed person wanted - officer or not - when I am the only person around and make a stink late to the right sources. Only a fool will argue with an armed person.

On your point that this is their job and they do not deserve any pity. I would not call it pity, only compassion. I would think that if someone offered you a hot drink after spending a day out in the rain and wind in the winter working on that bridge you would appreciate it. Or would you appreciate it if someone just looked at you and basically had the attitude of 'tough luck, that it his problem because he chose to work construction'? I was only trying to get accross that we should think outside our little box once in a while. I was NOT referring to rolling over for anyone.

As far as the amount of authority given to officers - They should be held to a higher accountability of their actions. This applies to breaking constitutional rights and laws. In fact anyone in a position of authority over other people should be held to a higher standard. I don't think I missed the point at all.