Dogfish

There has been a lot of misinformation on this subject about what you are legally responsible to do if a game warden wants to search all your equipment, etc.

Some bb members have said that just because you have signed your fishing license, that it makes it legal for the game warden to check everything. Signing your license does not give them the authority to search your boat, gear, etc. The fact is; the only thing that you have agreed to do is clearly stated. This is what we have "agreed too"; "I certify under penalty of law that the information on this license is true and I meet the requirements for these licenses. I agree to show all licenses, transport tags, and catch card, my driver's license and any fish and game to a Department of Fish and Game employee when requested"

Nowhere does it say that we have agreed to allow a search of your personal property! I just wanted to set the record straight because some others have assumed that by signing your game license, you have also signed away your rights of rejecting an illegal search.

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????