Rich -

Its interesting to me how closely our opinions match on issues related to fishing and that we can so be so far apart on the political issues.

The idea that United States could be self-sufficient is just plain wrong though, my friend.

What you are suggesting would mean we could not export our goods to the rest of the world either.

Ahem.....bye-bye Boeing, bye-bye Microsoft, bye-bye Intel and every other major corporation in the united states. Say goodbye to international travel....airline industry? See ya!

And we would get our oil from.......?

World opinion does not matter? You will hate that I say this but...this is exactly the kind of overly-nationalistic patriotism that the Germans encouraged during WWII. As if to say that we are SUPERIOR to other countries, cultures and races.

Very, very dangerous territory and exactly the reason Americans are so unpopular overseas. Because in general terms our arrogance is only matched by our military might, which I'm sorry to say, is not invincible. We've just chosen some pretty winnable wars to participate in over the last few years.

Short of Nuclear attack how would we impose our will on say the North Koreans? Conventional warfare?

What an opportune time for the Chinese to attack that would be, eh?

So what right?