Quote:
Originally posted by racerdan:
Ive got an idea. When all you Bush bashers get some real evidence that he purposely mis-led us, than flail away, ill be right besides all of you. Untill then lets contend it as alledgedly and or arguably, until the FACTS come to light as lying or perhaps WMD are possibly found.
I agree, for the most part. Although I know I'm guilty at times when something I've read particularily peeves me, it is much easier to discuss an issue when facts and emotion are kept apart.

With that in mind, here's something that bothers me. It's a known fact that the documentation Bush used concerning Iraq's nuclear program in his "State of the Union" address was forged (and poorly at that). Why then, has he not come out and demanded an investigation into how that information was passed to him? I would think it had to pass through quite a few channels before he would include it into an address to the American people. Or at least he could tell the people he regrets passing along false information. In my opinion, failure to do so makes him look guilty of lieing.

Proving that he lied will be nearly impossible; misled is a more accurate term, I think. But it's not just him. Rumsfield, Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rice are the real culprits here. Bush has done the same thing that Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, and Clinton had done before him. They abused the power of office and the trust of the American people. Nixon and Clinton were impeached for it, and they didn't even send the nation to war which cost the lives of thousands and destruction worth billions of dollars.

Just like Bush I have "gut" feelings, too. And my gut tells me something about Operation Iraq Liberation is terribly wrong.

LtlCleo-- I can't say the majority of Anericans don't get it, but a large number don't. Earlier I posted, "40% of Americans believe we've already found WMD in Iraq. 30% believe that chemicals were used against us in the war. About 50% believe Saddam was responsible for 9/11 attacks," which I'd gathered from various news sources. That shows there are a lot of Americans that "just don't get it."

Curtis (BBVD)-- I sincerely appreciate your patriotic fervor, and I feel your sentiments are well placed. And that is precisely why this issue is so important. If it turns out that the US and UK (the two most powerful and influential governments in the world) misled its own people, and the rest of the world, to invade another nation it will be much harder to gather support when a genuine threat really MAY exist.

Trusting those that have the power to send us to battle is the reason we don't need a draft or conscript service.