I've got to agree with JacobF to a certain degree. The Skagit's been c&r for quite some time for the full month of April and still is below escapement goals. The Nooksack, "they say", is way below escapement goals even though it's been c&r for years and years. They've tried closing it earlier and earlier and that doesn't seem to help except to give sportsman a lot less chance to hook fish and a whole lot more pressure for the short time it's open and fishable. And what about the Nisqually? Here's a river that has been completely closed for all Steelheading for approximately six or seven years and from what I hear the run hasn't come back much at all. So even though having what native fish we have being released we still have a much bigger problem to solve. This might just be one way the Department of Fisheries will delay trying to address the real science of what's going on with our Steelhead runs. Is closing a river down earlier and earlier or complete c&r the answer? I don't think so, something else is going on with our runs, we just need to figure out what.