I'll chime in with a brief report. We all met up at Beacon Rock State park on Friday. After unpacking and setting up camp we consumed many barley pops. After swapping a few stories, some secrets were reveiled about Mergantroider who was the last to arrive. We stayed up way to late to get an early start plus my head didn't feel too good when I got up at 6 AM. We launched after a brief breakfast and were on the water by 9 AM. Having never fished the big river in a boat I followed Vhawk up river eating his two cycle fumes.YUMMMM. We anchored up and fished for about an hour and a half before one of "my girls" had to head back due to her work schedule. Oh did I mention that all the women who showed up were in my boat? At this point we hadn't caught a single fish. When we returned to our spot the other boat ( Vhawk, Hohbomb 73 and Mergantroider) had figured out the "secret method" dart 24" behind a bait diver. After we set up our rods that way we began to hit fish. After boating several shad for bait we headed down river to mile marker 85 to fish for sturgeon.
We gave this a very brief try as the wind was starting to blow. We decided to pick up and return to the protected channel on the north side of Pierce Island. We anchored up in 24 feet of water and as soon as we put out the darts we had fish on. We caught some really nice shad there and were out of the main part of the wind. About 3:30 PM the weather turned on us and the rain drove us off the river. I must say that the women in my boat were real troopers for staying out and fishing. Mergs girlfriend may even wat to go fishing again and Jhawk , Vhawks better half, is always a sport and loves to fish. I think that we all had a good time and although the event was a "little" over hyped I would gladly do it again.
Now as an after story I was involved in a hit and run accident on S.R. 14 after I left Saturday evening. No injuries and only slight damage to my truck. The other driver was later arrested for drunk driving.
WARNING!
The whole story is below and don't read further if you aren't interested.
Below is a brief narrative of the accident and what happened afterwards.

After I left the Beacon Rock state campground and got onto Hwy 14 towards Vancouver, between Cape Horn Rd. and Oregon View Rd., I was driving up a twisting turning section of the road, in a no passing zone with blind corners, I was side swiped by a pickup that was passing me and several other cars. It happened so quickly that at first I didn't even know what happened. I thought that I had been hit by an oncoming car. My side mirror exploded and shot across my windshield. All I could see at first through my side window was silver almost like a flash bulb exploding. The truck kept going as I laid on my horn. I saw it pull in ahead of the car in front of me then pull out and pass the next four or five cars in a row. I got on my cell phone and called 911 in the same minute and gave them a partial description of the truck. I described the truck as being either silver or grey with a hard tano cover that was slightly ajar. The 911 operator instructed me to meet the State Patrol at the next major cross road which was S.E. Evergreen Blvd.
While I was waiting there for the State Patrol, I was out walking my dog and the truck that had side swiped me went by, still heading west on 14. I grabbed the dog and got in my truck and went after it. I got on the phone again and gave the dispatcher a better description, a silver Toyota ext. cab T.R.D. with a hard tano cover that was slightly ajar. I couldn't catch up to the truck as I had the boat behind me but I could see the truck pulling away still west bound. The dispatcher again instructed me wait for the S.P. in Washougal. While I was still on the phone with the dispatcher I saw a S.P. U turn ahead of me and give chase to a vehicle. After waiting on the roadside for 15 minutes the S.P came back and said that they had pulled over a truck but that it wasn't the right one (canopy instead of tano cover). Well by now there was a second S.P. unit and the Washougal city police was cruising nearby. I filled out an accident report and then the S.P. let me go. I drove down the road about 3 to 4 miles and one of the S.P. that was on the scene pulled me over and said that they had the truck and could I identify it. I said sure I could and turned around and followed the S.P. back to almost the same place I had made contact with the S.P before. There they had the hit and run driver alone in his Toyota with a broken passenger side mirror.
After administering a field sobriety test which he failed they gave him a Breathalyzer which he also failed. The driver was hand cuffed and placed in the back of the patrol car. At this time I was instructed that I free to go and left the scene.