Originally Posted By: Mergantroider
Where i learned to drop anchor was down by the kalama in fast A$$ water with an undersized anchor...so my dropping anchor was a 30 feet OVEr what you thought you needed for line out, then drop and let line out...so the slower water threw me a bit...plus where we were anchoring wasnt bad at all people wise. down at the kalama....if you misjudged your line out by inches...you were ramming another boat. So my " ummm i think we should go a bit further up" was because i always like more line out than less.

There's three commands I give in which I don't want any opinions, or back talk:

1. Pass me another beer
2. Spread 'em
3. Drop the anchor.

Did we have any problems with any of my anchor spots? Nope. Even when you were crying that we were going to ram Steves' boat at that last spot we fished. We slipped in right next to them and effectively corked Jessie. And did our anchor ever slip? Only when you dropped the buoy before I told you to. If you'd drop the damn anchor when I tell you, instead of getting mouthy while we drift, we'd have an extra 30 feet of line out. When your wearing the bra and panties, and I'm wearing the Captains Cup and Jock strap, you'll not be rewarded for thinking independently.

Pay attention when I use my big person voice.