OceanSun,

Did you get picks? I sure hope they wern't real wolves. maybe just some of those hybrid. I use to Archery hunt that same erea. Now that I think of it we did find a wolf track in the snow. it was going across the road a few times as it went into a deep rocky canyon near haystack rock. would that be near wherer you were? oh ya did you see any turkey? rumor has it they are getting good numbers going in that erea. I use to spend ALLOT of time in those hills. untill gas prices got so bad. now I play closer to home.

my uncle talked to a guy who I think was an owner or maybe a regular at wistling Jacks who showed him picks of a Grizzly between chinook and White pass. land marks and all in the pics. WDFW even looked at his pics. When showed a seperate pic without the bear in the same spot they said yes that is the right land marks of where you are telling us you took this pic. then he pulled out a pic of the bear and they said yes that is a grizz. when showed the pic of the bear with the land mark they told him he didn't take that pic in that erea and it must be a trick. the ydidn't want people to know they had Griz bears that far south.

Same uncle seen a wolverine up @ Ravens Roost one winter. it was in my dads tracks as he was after an elk.

Back in the late 80's my dad use to hunt the St. Hellens erea allot. they seen wolves now and then. He found out that weyhauser had planted some timber wolves to try and control the deer population.

we have had allot of criters that most people would never see and WDFW would not want people to know about. and NOW WE HAVE WOLVES!!! guess what they never left!!! we have allways had a few just like the wolverine and grizz.

Kris

Kris