Hi Jerry,

Long time no talk to. I have access to a number of pistols, but check out the Ruger SP101. 5 shots in a compact reveolver. You can also shoot .38 specials out of it for lighter loads. Wade's guns up north, or Larry Guns down in Oly, right near where we met are a few good dealers. They charge wholesale +10%. One guy suggested going to a range where you can rent them. I know of two. There was was in Bellevue, I think it was one of "Wade's", the other was on 220th in Lynnwood.

Taurus makes inexpensive guns, but good quality and excellent warranty. They make both revolvers and autos. .40 cal has more than enough power for just about any encounter, except for BIG GRIZ. The .357 Mag has plenty of power to spare. Kahr makes some nice inexpensive pistols. EAA makes some very servicable pistols (CZ 75), as well.

If you want, some time I can get a collection of pistols together and you can try out a number of calibers and sizes of pistols from .380 ACP to .45 ACP, autos and revolvers. Might even be able to borrow a buddies .454 Casull. It would certainly take care of ANY THING OR BEAST you might run in to. Let me know.

Best advice is to buy a few issues of "Handgun" magazine. This way you can see tech reports, find out what's cool, etc.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.