Baywolf and Carcass, You are spot on. I don't necessarily blame the Corps, WDFW, or anyone specific. I am just trying to push the pricess along. 17 years for a launch? I wish I had the luxury of wasting that much time and money. I had visions of launching at PNP to fish with my boys when they were in preschool and this all started. Still no ramp, and they are in college now.

Back to your point: I've found evidence of meetings or statements about the launch from stare representatives, congress, county commissioners, and other politicians. But when contacted and asked to implement their support, they have a convenient excuse. ie: The county Commissioner told me that was not his concern. The Rep says they are monitoring the situation....no action, one way or the other. No surprise to me, but just a sin and and demonstrates why a project as simple as this takes 17 years, with no end in sight.

Some quotes that keep my fire lit:

"This (ramp) is a major priority, because a lot of people depend on that launch," Sue Patnude former FW Regional Director, 2003.

Seattle Times, 2003: "State Fish and Wildlife estimates the cost of renovating the boat launch at $1.3 million to $1.5 million"
and
"Patnude hopes to put the boat launch back in operation within three to five years"

Larry Peck, Deputy Director of state Fish and Wildlife:, 2002 Seattle Times: "If the ramp can be built in a reasonable amount of time it could be done by the summer of 2003,"

Of course, I support WDFW and the CORPS in getting this project finished. Back to Baywolf's original point, the enthusiasm of the statements above show how ambition of the masses can be manipulated and spoiled. Applies to a lot of things these days....what a waste.

Edited by ned (10/13/17 08:22 AM)