Update, Dec 15, 2017.
Last Monday, Dec 11, there was a meeting at WDFW as described above in my Dec 10 post. Nothing happened: The Director was not there, nor was Ron Warren, who is in charge of this file. So, they talked about continuing to try to get a response from the Suquamish tribe, having the Corps try mediation, change the ramp project (after 15 years of working on it), and so on. Nothing productive was proposed, and nothing decided, only batting the ball back and forth.

There is supposed to be another meeting in a couple weeks when the Director and Warren will be available.

I fully expect the tribe will file suit and get an injunction to stop ramp construction if the permit is approved. We will never know if it is approved unless it is resubmitted to the Corps by WDFW. They are both hemming and hawing and killing time, trying to avoiding the probable legal action. Somehow, they kinda blame that on us (citizens) when its their (govt) process we are following. What the heck are they delaying this for. Wait 10 more years, then do it? It would be the same issue, except the stakes get higher every year.

I am so sick of all this pussy-footing around, and people not doing their jobs.
"If you can't stand the heat.... "

Edited by ned (12/15/17 07:28 PM)