Update Oct 26 Thursday
In 2015, WDFW Director Unsworth’s letter to Col. Buck, Corps of Engineers, said “We are writing to ask that the US Army Corps of Engineers proceed with its decision-making process on the WDFW 2013 permit application to construct a boat launch at Point No Point.”

However, last week, the Corps says they have not been asked by the WDFW to approve the permit. The Corps says , “My current understanding of this situation is that WDFW does not want a permit decision over tribal objections at this time.”

What is the “situation”? What objections? To me, it appears the WDFW was going full speed ahead in 2015, then hit a snag, and there is some tertiary/alternate reason (threat of retribution) so the WDFW has not asked again for the approval. We know the tribe wants compensation for damages they refuse to specify, and I know the WDFW has negotiated to great extent, last year offering to pay for their fish food (literally) for tribal hatcheries…but there is something else going on.

I think the tribes have bought time by delaying the process, and may have integrated new demands, most likely at a higher price. WDFW has proactively contacted the tribe over the last 4 years (or more), and have addressed every legitimate issue they’ve had.
I’ve sent 6 emails in the past 3 months to WFDW, all without reply. So, as it stands right now, the Corps has indicated they’ll proceed, as soon as the WDFW asks then to. WHATS THE HOLD UP?

To me, I don’t know what the new issue is because the WDFW has never called back. That makes it hard to know what the pay-back will be down the road, or what threat of extortion they are under for some other issue…I do know this project started with a $1,000,000 budget, and the cost-to-date because of delays now exceeds $5,000,000, and it’s not done yet….no ramp in sight!