Originally Posted By: bob r
Originally Posted By: Bay wolf
Infighting is exactly what we DON'T need right now. Yes, money talks. That's why WDFW is paying attention to us. Because we ARE the largest chunk of money. 68.9% according to the latest budget slides. And that doesn't take into account the massive contribution to the economy!

So, here is what I propose. Rather than debate the value of withholding a few licenses sales. Why not contact the new Chair of the Budget Committee and let her know how frustrated you are and that your ready to just pull your funding to WDFW. Give this a chance to make some positive changes.

The leadership of WDFW would like nothing more than for the sport fishing community to start tearing apart over the frustration they caused. Let's not give them the satisfaction.

When people say it is useless to go to public meetings and that only money talks that is definitely counter-productive to any change. Boycotting license sales will only work when enough people go along with that, and that's NOT going to happen. If you think talking this crap out is infighting, well, see how playing nice and not ruffling feathers works out. If we can't figure out what works and what doesn't we are already screwed. Bob R

Bob, I agree with you 100% that speaking out in public meetings has an important impact. As you know, I have been speaking out for over a year now. I did not mean to imply that making our point to the Commission and Department was "infighting". Hell, they NEED to hear from us loud and clear. I was pointing out that we as sportsmen need to stay together in a strong coalition with our focus on the department and not each other's position.