Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

For the most part, you don't make it in as a senator or congressperson if you are the one sticking your neck up and getting it chopped off. Doesn't matter who's party you are for or who you are sticking your neck out against.

Same applies to politicians here in our state. He/She who sticks their necks up, get's it chopped off. IE, that just may explain why our fisheries management suck so bad in WA state.

We are seeing this now. No one on *either* side of the political fence is really willing to stick their neck out, fear of it getting chopped off. So, everyone huddles together and it's status quo.

Really, I see this going two ways.

First is that someone steps up to the plate and starts the impeachment and/or inditement process to remove trump from office. There is debate amongst the law-talkers in the US about a law that *may* or *may not* allow sitting POTUS to be indited. Depends on one's interpretation of the law......
If this goes down, Pence takes over and finishes out the term and it's a fight between the two parties for the White House.

I strongly believe this is what 99% of every politician in Washington wants...but are NOT willing to stick their necks out to make it happen.

The other way is the GOP counter attacks the investigations (like they are doing now with Cohen and a purjury inquiry) and bogs this whole process down until POTUS gracefully finishes his term and leaves office.

Lastly, if POTUS finishes his term, that does NOT guarantee that a fellow GOPer is going to stick his neck out and fight trump for the GOP nomination. You lose....it's political suicide. So, if it goes this route, expect to see trump sitting on the throne for 4 more years.

I'd say it's a toss up as to which way the coin lands at this point.

My gut tells me that the politicians on both sides are too worried about their own careers and will let this ride out and will let trump get another 4 years in office.

Just seems from the "feel" that our country just really doesn't care enough, or have the balls enough, to change the fucktardness that is going on now.

10 years ago, if you would have written a book that laid out politically what has happened in the last 2 years, no one would have bothered to read the book as no one would have believed it to even be remotely true.

Pretty sad state of affairs these days.....