Originally Posted By: elparquito
Originally Posted By: AcidAngler
Anyone here still do it

Yes.

I fished last week with my son and Bob and we caught some nice fish on one of the local cricks near Forks. Got to watch my kid hook and land his very first steelheads. Great day on the water.

Floated an OP river yesterday with a couple of board members and the while the fish were not all that cooperative, the weather and company was awesome. Not too many fellow floaters, but think we heard of one fish hooked for a half dozen rafts.

I just don't see how the OP rivers can remain open with everything else being closed. That much pressure can't be good for the fish.

Agreed,

You might have seen us out there. Did the upper stretch of a crik and in 2 days went 12 for 18. This last thursday and friday, same crik, down lower 2 on thur and 4 on friday. Everyone else we talked to said skunksville. Well, one raft had ONE. We decided not to "brag" about our whopping 4. Tough times indeed. My trips are way down and the results usually are not worth the effort. The 2 good days were the result of not being able to work right now. The ability to run to the river as it's dropping is the only thing that got me the 18 fish in two days.