Originally Posted By: bushbear
Winter of 1969. Decided to cut class at UW Fisheries. Drove up to the Sultan drift and joined the picket line. Used a balsa cherry bobber with silver blade. Two fish in less than an hour. Both about 6 lbs. Was back home in time to drop off the fish and make my late morning class.

I'm kinda jelly of all the old timers on this thread that got to experience the good ol' days. By kinda jelly….I mean totally.

That being said, I wouldn't trade my fishing resume for all of the money in the world. I've been very fortunate and blessed. I need to spend the time and scan all my old photo's. Born in 75 and started fishing right away. My dad made a custom backpack from an old Alaskan pack frame which he used to carry baby me in when he flyfished. Started tying flies and casting the bug rod around the time I started to read and write, if not before. It's been gravy ever since.

But yeah....I would have loved to have been up here in the good old days. Luckily, I've had many days on the river in the not too distant past which made it seem like it actually was the good old days. They don't happen all that often anymore, so when it does.....savor that chit.