My first steelhead came from the Elochoman river 1975. I was up here from for Christmas vacation from Kansas. we camped on the main Toultle river a Harry Morgan Park and drove to the Elochoman river to fish. I was standing next to my Uncle and he said you got a bite, and I said no it's just the damn rocks, he grabbed my pole and set the hook. I fought the 9 pound buck steelhead like a champ and put him on the bank. The next day I woke up early and put my hip waders on and grabbed my pole walked down to the Cable Hole on the main Toutle, made a few casts and felt the same nibble I had the previous day and set the hook, 10 pound chromer hen, Walked back up to my spot 10 casts later a 17 pound buck blazed me around the corner and a the chase was on. The fish was fighter but I finally landed him. I walked back to our camp site at the park and woke up my Uncle, he said where did you get those fish, I caught them, he said did feel the bite, just like the day before! He told me from now on you will never have any problem catching Steelhead now that I knew what the bite felt like. He was right!!!!!