My first memories of fishing with my dad were in the 60s on Lake Cushman and Dogfish Bay. I [Bleeeeep!] my pants in the boat while we were trolling pop gear and worms for cutts on the bay and my dad was pissed. I landed my first catfish on the Rock River back in 69.

Fished alot of salt off the old oil docks in Poulsbo catching cod, flatfish, SRC, and salmon in the 70s. Fished Dogfish creek for Cutts and caught my first steelhead on bobber and worm. I have the pic.
Technically a jack but a sea run. Saw steelhead on local creeks including Grovers creek on our property in West Kingston. Dad took me over to the OP and we fished the Quilcene and Dosewallips but not much action.

Took a break for like a decade after the Bolt decision. Met my wife and her dad starting taking me driftfishing for steelhead in Oregon like 30 years ago. Haven't caught a steelhead since I was down there last summer. Nice buck about 12 or 13 pounds. I have a pic on my FB. I really have trouble posting pics here. There must be a short window to post pics when I'm working. I did do some salt fishing last summer and caught a little resident silver.

Haven't been fishing since. Too much stuff going on in my life. A lot of fishing gear in my garage left unused. Had my daughter's baby shower last weekend and I was looking at the Puyallup valley thinking about all the PS rivers I haven't fished. Only fished the Green and Sky once. I think PA and OP river steelhead fishing is dead and will never be what it once was.