Yes I am a guide as you all may or may not know. As far as the tips are concerned tips are welcome they should not be expected. How I look at it is if you hire a guide to take fishing you are looking to learn from the guide so that maybe you might get a few secrets that you may not know already. Whether it be technique, different rivers, or just pumbing him for general knowledge. Also to have a good time. How much is up to you. Generally I will recieve anywhere from $20 to $30 per person. I have recieved more and less but it doesn't matter it's a tip. Normally a guide will put you into fish if there are fish in the river. Sometimes though fishing just isn't easy and we will work are arses off to try and make it happen, but it sometime doesn't. That's must be why they call it fishing! I look at it like this you are out to have a good time with your friend, family, or maybe just by yourself that is what is most important catching fish is a bonus.

As far as the eggs issue goes. How do you think us guides get our eggs? I know that I myself will and do not buy them from the indians. Normally I don't get the opportunity to go fishing for myself very often to acquire enough eggs to last all year. So we relie on the eggs that we catch with our clients. If I have plenty of eggs in stock I will be happy to split them up. You have to remember though Spring Chinook and summer run Steelhead do not have any eggs or should I say fully developed eggs. So we relie on the eggs from our Fall Salmon and winter run Steelhead to supply enough eggs for the rest of the year. Just something to think about. I hope everyone has good experiences with the guides you choose because that is why we are in business for you to have a great time and to put you into some fish.

------------------
Presentation is the key to Success and change can make the difference.www.ChasenADream.com

[This message has been edited by Chasen A Dream (edited 01-17-2001).]